HM Sultan Brunei Honours 35
35 honoured with state decorations, titles
July 16, 2017
| Azaraimy HH |
HIS Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar ‘Ali Saifuddien Sa’adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam bestowed state honorary decorations to 35 recipients in a state investiture ceremony held yesterday in conjunction with His Majesty’s 71st birthday celebration which took place at Balai Singgahsana, Istana Nurul Iman.
At the state investiture ceremony, two people were bestowed the Most Exalted Order of Paduka Keberanian Laila Terbilang, 1st Class (DPKT) that give the recipient a state title of ‘Dato Paduka Seri’. The recipients were:
- General Tan Sri Raja Mohamed Affandi bin Raja Mohamed Noor, the Chief of Malaysian Army, and
- General Police Drs H Muhammad Tito Karnavian, Chief of Police National Indonesia.
Police General Dato Paduka Seri Drs H Muhammad Tito Karnavian, 52, was born on October 26, 1964, in Palembang. On June 23, 2016, he was confirmed the post of the National Police Chief unanimously by Indonesian House of Representatives and was inaugurated by President Joko Widodo on July 13, 2016.
Eight people were conferred the Most Honourable Order of Seri Paduka Mahkota Brunei, 1st Class (SPMB) that carries the title ‘Dato Seri Paduka’. The recipients were:
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Hamdan bin Haji Abu Bakar, Deputy Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office;
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Mohamad Roselan bin Haji Mohamad Daud, Deputy Minister at Prime Minister’s Office;
- Dato Paduka Haji Hisham bin Haji Mohd Hanifah, Deputy Minister of Finance;
- Dato Paduka Dr Awang Haji Mohd Amin Liew bin Abdullah, Deputy Minister of Finance;
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Erywan bin Pehin Datu Pekerma Jaya Haji Mohd Yusof, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade;
- Pengiran Dato Paduka Haji Bahrom bin Pengiran Haji Bahar, Deputy Minister of Education;
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Abdul Mokti bin Haji Mohd Daud, Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs; and
- Dato Paduka Awang Haji Suhaimi bin Haji Gafar, Deputy Minister of Development.
Dato Seri Paduka Awang Haji Mohamad Roselan started service in 1985 at the Ministry of Finance. In 2009, he was appointed as permanent secretary at the Ministry of Finance, and in October 2011, he was transferred to the Prime Minister’s Office as the Permanent Secretary.
Dato Seri Paduka Awang Haji Hisham joined the government service in August 1991 and held various posts. Among them was an accountant at the Treasury Department and at the Revenue Division, assistant director of Budget Division, director of Revenue Division, and deputy permanent secretary at the Ministry of Finance. Prior to the current post, he was the permanent secretary (Policy and Investment) at the Ministry of Finance.
Dato Seri Paduka Dr Awang Haji Mohd Amin Liew was appointed as the Deputy Minister of Finance in October 2015.
Dato Seri Paduka Dr Awang Haji Mohd Amin is the CEO of Darussalam Assets Sdn Bhd. He is also currently the Chairman of Brunei Economic Development Board (BEDB) and Chairman of Institute of Brunei Technical Education (IBTE) and serves on the boards of many Brunei Government-linked companies in diverse sectors including tele-communications, medical services, hospitality, aviation, oil and gas, and information technology.
Two recipients were conferred the Most Eminent Order of Islam Brunei, 2nd Class (DSSUB) which carries the state title of ‘Dato Seri Setia’. The recipients are:
- Pengiran Haji Mohd Tashim bin Pengiran Haji Hassan, a judge at the Syariah High Court and
- Dr Haji Mazanan bin Haji Yussof from the State Mufti’s Office.
- Haji Haini bin Haji Hashim, Ambassador of Brunei Darussalam to Russia;
- Haji Hamzah bin Haji Sulaiman, Permanent Secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office;
- Ahmaddin bin Haji Abdul Rahman, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Finance;
- Haji Awang Rosli bin Pehin Orang Kaya Shahbandar Dato Seri Paduka Haji Md Salleh;
- Mohammad Irwan bin Haji Hambali, Acting Deputy Commissioner of the Royal Brunei Police Force;
- Dr Haji Junaidi bin Haji Abdul Rahman, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Education;
- Haji Husaimee Ahmad bin Haji Hussin;
- Rakiah binti Haji Abdul Lamit, Ambassador of Brunei Darussalam to Germany;
- Dr Hajah Maslina binti Haji Mohsin, Deputy Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Health;
- Hajah Hindun binti Dato Paduka Haji Noordin; and
- Hajah Fara binti Dato Haji Nasir.
- Haji Rosle bin Haji Jumat @ Jumaat;
- Haji Mas Raduan bin Haji Jumat from the State Mufti’s Office; and
- Hajah Siti Noor Dzuhairah binti Haji Awang Damit, Champion of the National Musabaqah Al-Quran.
- Shaikh Haji Fadilah bin Shaikh Haji Ahmad, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade;
- Dr Haji Abdul Manaf bin Haji Metussin, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Primary Resources and Tourism;
- Haji Mohd Yusree bin Haji Junaidi from the Attorney General’s Chambers;
- Associate Professor Ampuan Dr Haji Brahim bin Ampuan Haji Tengah, Associate Professor at Universiti Brunei Darussalam;
- Nigel Badminton, General Manager of The Empire Hotel & Country Club;
- Professor Dr Hajah Zohrah binti Haji Sulaiman, Vice Chancellor of Universiti Teknologi Brunei; and
- Hajah Noor Qamar binti Haji Sulaiman, Senior Special Duties Officer at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.