The Golden Warisan Volume 1 Reprinted

In April 2009, I remembered going to my first printer to make arrangements to print my first book, The Golden Warisan Brunei Darussalam Volume 1. I spoke to the owner and I asked her how many books I should print. She said I should look in the region of 500 books. I told her I wanted 1,000 books. Her advice was that 500 should be good enough and since I am doing my own printing, the more I print, it will cost me more and I have the burden of storing the books especially if they don't sell.

That got me a bit worried. What if the book didn't sell. So I printed 500 copies and after I brought it to a few bookstores, the 500 copies ran out and I had to print another 500.

That 500 ran out too. The bookshops started calling me whether I will do a reprint. By then I was busy doing my second and third book and so the question of reprinting my first one was buried somewhere in the past. I still received enquiries now and then.

So I approached Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka Brunei on the possibility if Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka Brunei could look whether they can reprint the book and perhaps do a Malay version. They agreed and guess what.
 
This is the book that came out. It was officially released today together with all the other new books produced by Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka Brunei during the opening ceremony of the Book Fair. It has a new cover, an updated typeset and a new ISBN. DBP is now using the new 13 number ISBN andso my book got a new ISBN 978-99917-0-920-8. The photos are much clearer on this book.
 
If you want to reread the book or own another copy or if you never got one before, please come to the ongoing Book Fair which will be on until the 10th March at the Indoor Stadium in Berakas. I can't give you a discount. The book is on sale for $10 payable to Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka Brunei.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Assalamualaikum,
Sir, Ive been Following your blog, and mostly uve been posting very informative issue,but this post make me smile...

"If you want to reread the book or own another copy or if you never got one before, please come to the ongoing Book Fair which will be on until the 10th March at the Indoor Stadium in Berakas. I can't give you a discount. The book is on sale for $10 payable to Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka Brunei."

i quote "I can't give you a discount"

hehe.. alaaa.... y cant?? hehe

Popular posts from this blog

Brunei Royal Wedding 2015: Profile of Royal Bride Dayangku Raabi'atul Adawiyyah

Family Titles in Brunei

Pulau Cermin - Brunei's Historic Island